The long distance of up to 5,156 km does not keep Australians from visiting Vietnam thanks for its magnificent landscapes and impressive culture, and also hassle-free visa procedure.
To promote its tourism, the Vietnam government has eased its visa procedure. At the moment, Polish passport holders may have two ways to obtain a Vietnam visa, consisting of:
- Obtain a visa via Vietnam Embassy; OR
- Obtain a Vietnam visa on arrival.
But, in case you, a holder of Australian passport holder traveling to Vietnam via cruise, which way will work out? It is the topic of this post.
For you, the very first thing we recommend here is that you should contact the cruise line to know whether they help you arrange the visa or not. If not, you have only one option to follow in this case: to contact the embassy of Vietnam to apply for Vietnam visa.
Here is common procedure to obtain a visa to Vietnam at the Vietnam embassy:
- Step 1: Download the Vietnam visa application form at website of Vietnam embassy in Australia, fill it out, attach it with photo
- Step 2: Travel to the embassy, submit visa application, original passport and other documents as required by the embassy.
- Step 3: Pay for visa fee.
- Step 4: Travel back home and wait for visa application processed by the embassy.
- Step 5: Travel back to the embassy to pick up full visa for Vietnam.
However, some embassies accept submission of visa application documents and return of visa and original passport by post.
For more information, you are highly recommended to directly contact the embassy with which you want to apply for visa.
Should you need any further information about Vietnam visa for Australians, feel free to let us know.