A valid visa is required for almost foreign travelers to visit Vietnam except for those whose nationalities are included in the Vietnam visa exemption list approved by the Vietnamese Government as following:
- Citizens of Cambodia, Thailand, Malaysia, Singapore, Indonesia and Laos for visits of 30 days at the maximum.
- Citizens of Philippines for visits of 21 days at the maximum.
- Citizens of Japan, South Korea, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Russia, Finland, France, Belarus, Italy, United Kingdom, Spain, and Germany for visits of 15 days at the maximum (if arrival date does not fall within 30 days following the exit date of last stay in Vietnam with visa exemption).
- Citizens of Brunei, Myanmar for visits of 14 days at the maximum.
- Citizens of Chile for visits of 90 days at the maximum.
- APEC Business Travel Card (ABTC) Holders from Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC) member economies for visits of 60 days at the maximum.
- For those who travel to Phu Quoc Island – Vietnam : Foreigners and Vietnamese nationals bearing foreign passports who enter Vietnam through an international border gate and then travel to Phu Quoc Island and stay in Phu Quoc less than 15 days will also be granted Vietnam visa exemption. Passports must be valid for at least 45 days. After arriving in Phu Quoc Island, if visitors want to travel to other localities or stay in the island for more than 15 days, the immigration department will be responsible for issuing visas right on the spot.