What happens if you are in Melbourne and and wish to visit Vietnam from there? The very first thing we recommend you do is to read this post to get information about Vietnam visa – the very important paper to ensure your entry into the country. Do you need a visa to visit Vietnam? If yes, how to obtain a Vietnam visa in Melbourne? Such information can be found right here.
To deal with the first question: Do you need a visa to visit Vietnam?
please check out this link: Vietnam visa exemption. If your case is included in the list, you do not need to obtain the visa for Vietnam. Otherwise, a valid visa is required.
So, it then comes to the second question: How to obtain a Vietnam visa in Melbourne?
At the moment, there are two ways to those in Melbourne to get a visa for Vietnam, namely:
- Getting visa via the Vietnam embassy; or
- Getting visa on arrival.
Now, let’s see the table below for brief information about these two ways:
|Description||Visa on arrival||Embassy visa|
|Issued by||Vietnam Immigration Department||Vietnam Embassy in Australia|
|Processing time||2 working days (or 2 hours urgent)||4 – 5 working days|
|Processing fee||From US$14 (excluding stamp fee)||Varied|
|Additional fees||None||Postal cost, driving, parking fees|
Now, it’s time to see which one is more convenient and feasible by see how each of them works.
For Visa at Vietnam Embassy:
The embassy may accept visa applications submitted to them in person or by post. If you live far from the embassy, you should contact them in advance to ask whether they accept submissions via post.
Following is the common procedure to get Vietnam visa issued by the embassy in case you get there in person.
- Download the application form on website of the embassy you are planned to apply for visa with, fill it out and attached it with a photo;
- Prepare documents for application, including: application form, original passport, photos and visa fee and others as required by the embassy;
- Travel to the Embassy to submit application documents and pay for visa fee;
- Get the Appointment Letter and then leave there for home;
- Travel back to the embassy on the appointed date to pick up original passport and visa.
However, there is an inconvenience in this case. There is at the moment no office of Vietnam embassy/Consulate located in Melbourne, so, if you wish to obtain the visa in this way, you must contact the Vietnam embassy in Canberra or Consulate General of Vietnam in Sydney.
For Visa on Arrival
This way is said to solve the inconvenience of the former way. Its process is completely different. It requires no travel or no sending off original passport and other documents via post either. It just requires a device with internet access. Accordingly, it is said very convenient for those living far from the embassy, and in this case, in Melbourne.
Here is the process to get Vietnam visa on arrival for Melbourne citizens:
- Go online to https://booking.vietnam-visa.com/step1.html, and complete the form here (no document is required);
- Make payment of service fee online;
- Get visa approval letter delivered to email together with detailed guide to pick up full visa upon arrival at Vietnam airport within 2 working days or even 2 working hours in urgent cases;
- Get visa stamped upon original passport upon arrival at Vietnam airport.
This is a full comparison between the current 2 ways to obtain Vietnam visa from Melbourne. We are sure that by reading here, you now already know which way is best for you.
Should you need any further information, please feel free to let us know via [email protected] or (+84) 946 583 583.