Do I need a Multiple entry visa for Vietnam?

Bởi: hanhpham

I will fly to Ho Chi Minh city from Australia and stay in Vietnam for 3 weeks before flying to Vientiane, Laos. After 2 weeks in Laos, I will re-enter Vietnam by land (border crossing). What visa/s will I need? I’m Australian passport holder.

Dear Chrystal,

Since we don’t know how long you will stay in Vietnam for your second arrival, we are presenting here two cases for you:

  1. If your second stay in Vietnam is less than 15 days, you will need to apply for a Vietnam visa for your first arrival (staying in Vietnam for more than 15 days) and then use Vietnam visa exemption for your second arrival in Vietnam.
  2. If you second stay in Vietnam is more than 15 days, you are highly recommended to apply for a multiple entry visa to Vietnam to use for both of your entries to Vietnam.

If your first entry to Vietnam is by air, Vietnam visa on arrival is available for you at

We hope this information help.

Should you need any further information, please feel free to let us know.

Kind regards,

Related post