Vietnam is one of the popular countries that attract a lot of foreigners to visit every year. For Australians especially who plan to visit Vietnam, taking a flight to Vietnam is a must, but before that, please check out following advice when you are going to enter Vietnam.
1. Vietnam visa
All Australians must have Vietnam visa before traveling to Vietnam. Nowadays, there are 3 legal ways to get a Vietnam visa:
- Vietnam visa through Vietnam Embassy
The Vietnam Embassy in Australia or Vietnam Consulate in different country has its own requirement for visa applicants. Hence, it is the best idea to contact the nearest Vietnam Embassy or Consulate before to go to there for visa application. If you apply for Vietnam Visa at Vietnam Embassy, you will get the visa after 4-5 working days.
- Vietnam Visa on arrival
Vietnam visa on arrival is a kind of Vietnam visa that you can get it when arriving at Vietnam airport therefore it is for those who visit Vietnam by air only. Just within 1-2 working days, a Visa Approval Letter will be sent to your email which is totally important as you will need it to get full Vietnam visa stamped at Vietnam airport check-in counter.
- Vietnam e-visa
Australians can obtain Vietnam e-visa as well. However, this kind of visa is applicable for foreigners who wish to have one-single entry visa with vacation purpose. To know more about Vietnam e-visa as well as apply for it, please access https://evisa.xuatnhapcanh.gov.vn/web/guest/trang-chu-ttdt.
2. Vietnam customs regulations when entering Vietnam
Goods and Products
Below are the maximum amounts of the specific items which are duty-free. If you bring more, it is compulsory to declare and pay import taxes:
- 400 packs of cigarette
- 100 packs of cigars
- 100 gram of tobacco
- 5 liters of liquor
- 100 ml of liquids (stored in a clear plastic bag)
- Jewelry (personal use only)
- Souvenirs and gift items valued at not more than US$ 300
Materials under declaration
- The amount of money is more than USD 5,000 and VND15.000.000
- Gold: over 300gr (gold and jewelry are not for personal use)
- Videotapes, CDs are often kept for screening and returned to you after a few days
- Weapon, ammunition, explosives and inflammable objects
- Military technical equipment; drugs, opium and other narcotics
- Anti-government literature; pornographic literature, etc.
- Exit Vietnam
- Narcotics and toxic chemicals
- Counterfeit items
- Cultural artifacts and other objects of cultural importance
- Explosive material
- Weapons, ammunition, military technical equipment
- Documents related to the national security
- Endangered species and any products or parts thereof as outlined by CITES maybe be brought in only with CITES permission.
3. Packing list
A mobile phone is necessary if you want to make a call in Vietnam or contact your family. To use it when you are in Vietnam, you should buy a Vietnam SIM cards, which can be easily bought at the airport or shops and stalls along the sidewalk. Moreover, if you don’t have a camera, take photos by phone is not a bad idea. Moreover, don’t forget to bring a charger and an electric adapter with you.
- Insect spray
Insect spray is really important, especially when you travel to Vietnam on the rainy season. This is the season that mosquitos come alive more during the period of time. Furthermore, insect spray can protect you from diseases that cause by insects bite.
Knowing which clothes you should pack when travel to Vietnam is also important. There are 3 regions in Vietnam and each region has its own weather. So, checking weather forecast to know which kinds of clothes you need to bring is necessary. For example, if you visit Vietnam in winter in the Northern region, you should pack some warm clothes and coats as it is quite cold at this time, also some areas may snow.
Above are the vital things that you should know if you want to travel to Vietnam. Hope you can prepare before your trip in Vietnam well and easier with our provided information.